October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
SPROUT MEMBERS: Show your support by going PINK at your apartment community this month.
Sprout is making it easy for you with a variety of instant downloads. Start with our "Think Pink" sign today!
Breast cancer affects 1 in 8 women during their lives, and many of us know someone — a mother, sister, friend — who has had it. It is the second-leading cancer killer of women in the US. Thanks to screening, breast cancer often can be found early, when the chance of successful treatment is best. In fact, many women are even cured of the disease.
GO PINK! YOUR APARTMENT COMMUNITY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Have a sign up in the office for local charitable events or a marathon that staff and residents can participate in.
- Consider donating 1/2 of deposits during October to Susan G. Komen Foundation or other foundations.
- Wear pink shirts to help raise awareness. Plus, buttons that say: “Ask where your deposit goes!”
- Are there events in your area that contribute to the cause? Promote them on FB!
- Events that give back: walking events, marathons, bake sales, donations, and more all make a difference. What will you do?